Tuesday, April 12

Memory Monday: Drunk or a Kid II

So I have found my theme. I wasn't the activist like Brittny, or the scarred child like Casey. I was stupid as a kid and it makes some pretty good stories. 


When I was around four years old I was hanging out in my front driveway, waiting for my mom to come through the garage. 


Our garage door had a handle on the outside, so that if the power went out, we were still able to open it. I got a bright idea. I'm not sure which one it was, but I have narrowed it down to two ideas:
1. I was gonna help lift up the door
or 
2. That it would be fun to hold on to the door as it went up. 
So I waited, with both of my hands on the handle, waiting for my mom to press the button to open the door. 


When my mom did open the door, I helped lift/held on tight. 


This is when I'm pretty sure I forgot to let go. I held on so tight that I was lifted off the ground and started to freak out. My mom hadn't noticed me hanging from the door until I started screaming. She then had to run to hit the button to stop the door and grab me before I fell. She got me down pretty easily so all was well.


No harm. No foul. 


But I'm pretty sure I wasn't trusted alone with the garage door for awhile afterwards.


Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment