Thursday, April 21

How to Thursday : Banana Bread?



A year ago, I was making banana bread on a weekly basis. I baked all through the summer. Good times. School has been crazy so the last time I made something was Christmas (maybe even longer). So with a sunny day today, I feel like I can pull out a recipe for HTT.


I feel like my HTT's haven't been very valuable. Like they can't be applied to all practical days in life. But I feel that banana bread is a very practical thing to learn. 


(okay. okay. Its a recipe, its not an ACTUAL how-to. I get that. But who doesn't want an awesome banana bread recipe? Thats what I thought)


So. You will need:


3 1/2 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon


2/3 cup Melted Margarine
1 cup Mashed Bananas
1 1/2 cup Milk
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Vanilla


Preheat oven to 350 
[I've only done this in a convection oven. If you are gonna just do Bake then....have fun? same thing? Just watch it a bit more than I tell you]


1) Sift/mix/combine the dry ingredients into a large bowl.


2) Mix/blend/combine the wet ingredients into a second bowl.


3) Pour the wet ingredients into dry in one go. Mix until all is blended together, but try not to over mix. Also, do this all by hand. Its a work out, and I think it tastes better. 


4) Grease bread pans (makes 2) or put the papers cups in muffin pans (makes 24 cupcake sized). Pour in batter. 


5) Put in oven. 
    For loafs, its pretty much 50 minutes exactly, and muffins, I'd say 15-20. 


6) Take them out, let them cool and enjoy.


Happy Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment